The Minnesota Nursery and Landscape Association is pleased to announce that it is now accepting applications for the 2019 Friend of the Environment Award. (Download application here.) The program is intended to honor an MNLA-affiliated company or individual for outstanding environmental efforts. Recipients of this award will exhibit a personal or corporate commitment to environmental protection and enhancement, and demonstrated leadership on specific environmental issues in their field of work.
MNLA members are eligible to nominate themselves or an MNLA company or individual.
Deadline for Submission
October 2, 2019
Application Process and Forms
All interested candidates must complete the Friend of the Environment Award Application Form. Click here to download the MNLA Friend of the Environment application.
The application must be filled out in its entirety. The nominee must be an MNLA member or company. The nomination must be submitted with a letter of support, written by the nominator. The letter, no longer than two pages, should explain why the nominee is worthy of this award. It should also include:
Specific examples of environmental projects and issues – goals, objectives, and results.
- Efforts to promote environmental awareness within the green industry or the community.
- Leadership within MNLA and other organizations.
It is also suggested that you supply supporting documents along with your letter of nomination. The more information and specifics you are able to provide, the more favorably the judges will view the application. Examples of supporting documentation may include, but are not limited to:
Project designs, installations, and/or photos.
- Published articles and/or media publicity.
- Other relevant and supporting information.
The entries will be judged by a panel of veteran industry volunteers. All nominees will be notified of the status of their application in December.
- 2004 — Roy Robison, Karl Ruser, Landscape Alternatives Inc.
- 2006 — Mary Maguire Lerman, Minneapolis Park & Recreation Board
- 2007 — Cathy Rose, C.R. Landforms
- 2008 — William McCully, Glenn Rehbein Companies
- 2009 — Jim Hagstrom, Savanna Designs
- 2011 — The Mustard Seed, Landscape & Garden Center