Call for Nominations to MNLA Board of Directors
The application deadline is Monday, October 5, 2020 at 5:00pm.
BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
The following minimum criteria for board members are required in the Bylaws:
- Eight years of MNLA business membership immediately preceding the election
- Business member status
- Appropriate dues paid
In addition, candidates with skills in the following areas are always desirable: Finance, accounting, administration/management, nonprofit experience, public relations/communications/marketing, technology, advocacy/government affairs, strategic
planning, and entrepreneurship.
The mission of the Minnesota Nursery & Landscape Association is to help members grow successful businesses. MNLA is dedicated to helping its members by:
- Providing continuing education for members
- Providing tools for industry marketing
- Monitoring and influencing government affairs
- Promoting professionalism
- Responsibly improving and maintaining our environment
- Providing opportunities for financial benefits through group purchasing and other services
- Promoting member collegiality and networking
BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES OVERALL
- The Board of Directors works for the membership of the MNLA. The Board sets general association policy and oversees the ongoing operations of the association.
- The Board produces a written strategic plan that outlines the long range goals of the association and ensures that association activities support the plan.
- The Board ensures that the association has adequate financing and that funds are responsibly spent.
- The Board approves the association’s annual operating budget in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- The Board of Directors hires the executive director. Board members act as advisors to the executive director.
- Board members must adhere to the conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
MNLA INTERESTS AS A BOARD MEMBER
As an MNLA Board member, you are expected to actively, diligently, and ethically represent the interests of the MNLA members at the expense of other interests. The Board’s authority rests with the entire Board and you individually, are expected to support
the decisions of the Board in a positive manner.
NOMINATIONS FOR THE BOARD ARE ACCEPTED:
- By a current MNLA Member - CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE SOMEONE ONLINE (or click here to print a form)
- By self-nomination - CLICK HERE TO SELF-NOMINATE (or click here to print a form)
If you have additional questions about the MNLA Board and/or the nominations process, please email Cassie Larson, MNLA Executive Director