Call for Nominations to MNLA Board of Directors
The application deadline is in the beginning of October in applicable years.
BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
The following minimum criteria for board members are required in the Bylaws:
- Eight years of MNLA business membership immediately preceding the election
- Business member status
- Appropriate dues paid
In addition, candidates with skills in the following areas are always desirable: Finance, accounting, administration/management, nonprofit experience, public relations/communications/marketing, technology, advocacy/government affairs, strategic planning, and entrepreneurship.
BOARD RESPONSIBILITIES OVERALL
- The Board of Directors works for the membership of the MNLA. The Board sets general association policy and oversees the ongoing operations of the association.
- The Board produces a written strategic plan that outlines the long range goals of the association and ensures that association activities support the plan.
- The Board ensures that the association has adequate financing and that funds are responsibly spent.
- The Board approves the association’s annual operating budget in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- The Board of Directors hires the executive director. Board members act as advisors to the executive director.
- Board members must adhere to the conflict of interest and confidentiality policies.
MNLA INTERESTS AS A BOARD MEMBER
As an MNLA Board member, you are expected to actively, diligently, and ethically represent the interests of the MNLA members at the expense of other interests. The Board’s authority rests with the entire Board and you individually, are expected to support the decisions of the Board in a positive manner.
If you have additional questions about the MNLA Board and/or the nominations process, please email Cassie Larson, MNLA Executive Director