One thing that can help all segments of the industry right now is promoting the benefits of plants. We've created this page with help from associations across the country. We will continue to provide updates as new resources become available or are made
Tip: With everything happening in our world, it's important that as you schedule social content and build e-blasts, you're mindful of the situation in your local community and the constantly changing nature of this situation so that your messaging is
not seen as insensitive, but as hopeful. If you have a resource you think should be added, please let us know!
Encourage Your Customers to #EmbraceYourSpace & Take Advantage of Their Own Backyard!
We all know that COVID-19 has been making a huge impact on communities and businesses. With schools shut down, and remote work for many, this is a great time to get people out in their gardens! Time spent in the yard with family is invaluable and the
benefits to gardening are many. Take advantage
of this opportunity to remind people why it feels so good to get your hands in the dirt! Please use this media kit for your social media or inspiration to keep customers inspired. Don't forget to use #EmbraceYourSpace on social media!
Go to www.tnlaonline.org/embrace-your-space to download all the resources for this timely campaign, including flyers, Instagram Stories, and social media posts.
Plant Something Campaign
The trademarked green stake logo PLANT SOMETHING and accompanying message and materials are available to MNLA members for use in promoting plant and landscaping sales. Print marketing pieces are available by clicking here (you must log in to access materials). All provide space for MNLA members to add custom branding, however due to our licensing agreement, no other changes may be made to any piece.
In addition, because of MNLA's participation in the PLANT SOMETHING campaign materials on their Facebook page are available for member use. Click here, copy or share postings to your own page!
Health, Wellness, and Economic Benefits of Plants
The Benefits of Plants
Various resources and research available from Dr. Charlie Hall, AmericanHort Chief Economist.
Plants Do That
Resources from the Plants Do That campaign from the National Initiative for Consumer Horticulture (NICH).
Water Use it Wisely
Graphics available to retailers to use in promotion of curbside pick up and delivery
Value of Trees in the Community
The Arbor Day Foundation's list of source-based facts on the power of trees.
TreePeople offer their "Top 22 Benefits of Trees."
What's Your Plant Power - Seed your Future - Bloom!
Seed Your Future has many resources to promote horticulture and inspire people to pursue careers working with plants.
Use these wherever they fit!
Resources from Bailey Nurseries
To assist with your message on social media, the Bailey team has developed a graphics package to help you keep your social media fresh and drive sales. They will continue to add more, so keep checking back. They have purposely kept the message focused
on the consumer so they have a little inspiration and reminders that spring is here.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS BAILEY'S RESOURCES
Let’s get people outside in their backyards, buying our plants, and enjoying the connection our industry brings between the world and nature.
Ideas for Your Social Content Calendar
While you're communicating with customers about the way that you're keeping both your team members and the public save during the COVID-19 crisis, be sure that you're also delighting them with ways that plants can bring them peace during the chaotic time.
Here are a few examples we have gathered from industry experts:
- Promote one of the products or services your business is offering that would typically be trending at this time.
- Share a post about another organization in your community doing something uplifting to help others.
- Encourage your customers to practice self-care and share how plants can help with that.
- Simply post a beautiful photo of a plant you or your team loves, or a landscape design you are proud of for inspiration.
- Thank one of your employees or supplier partners who has gone above and beyond.
- Gardening is going to be on everyone's mind, if it's not already, and you're an expert - Offer tips & tricks!
- Many of your customers are home with kiddos that need activities - Share a fun do-at-home activity for kids (see ideas below).
- Reintroduce the Victory Garden concept to your customers - CLICK HERE for help from National Garden Bureau.
Inspire Kids to Love Plants
It's a great time to feature projects that kids and parents can do together that will inspire the love of plants and green spaces. Here are a few ideas for you to feature in your social content calendar.
- Art Class at Home: Challenge your child to draw their dream garden using whatever art supplies you have on hand.
- Allow your kids to have their own special place in your backyard where they get to plant whatever they choose and be responsible for care and maintenance. Not only is it fun to play in the dirt, but this will encourage them to ask questions and get
outside more. CLICK HERE for helpful resources to share.
- Do a seed-starter project inside, which will eventually be something you can all plant together in the garden. You can help your kids record growth and daily changes.
- While out on a daily walk, encourage your kids to pick-up interesting flowers and leaves that you can press for for a fun art project once they are dried. CLICK HERE
- 'Adopt a Plant' - Help your child pick out a plant that fits into your existing space and then teach them how to care for it as their "adopted" plant. Once they are back at school, it's something they can share with their classmates.
- Find your Plant Power with the Bloom! Plant Power Quiz - CLICK HERE