MNLA/MTGF Online Pesticide Recertification Zoom Workshop - Categories A & E with Optional Category J
Date: November 20, 2020
Category A & E: MNLA/MTGF Members: $129; Non-Members: $149
Category A & E with Optional Category J: MNLA/MTGF Members: $159; Non-Members: $179
Click here for a PDF Registration form to fax or mail to the MNLA Office.
Due to concerns regarding large group events and Covid-19, the November MNLA/MTGF Pesticide Recertification Workshop will be a Live Online Recertification Zoom Workshop - not an in-person workshop.
- Each attendee must provide an email address and your pesticide license number when you register. If you do not have your applicator card, go to the MDA Website
and search your name to find your license number.
- When you register, you will be emailed a Zoom log-in and password with instructions closer to the workshop date.
- You must have access to a computer to attend the workshop.
NOTE: There are 2 Registration Options—Choose the Category Needed to Fulfill Recertification Requirements.
1) Category A & E: 8:00 AM—2:30 PM
2) Category A, E & J: 8:00 AM—4:15 PM (To renew Category J, you must also attend Category A & E)
This Workshop Meets MDA’s Commercial Pesticide Applicator Requirements For: Category A (Core), E (Turf and Ornamentals), and Optional Category J (Forestry, Rights-of-Way and Natural Areas)
- This is the last opportunity to renew your Pesticide Applicator License in 2020.
- Licensed pesticide applicators who attend a workshop in their needed category fulfill their recertification requirement.
- Workshop attendance will be monitored by the Minnesota Department of Agriculture.
- If you are not sure you need to recertify, check the “recertify by date” on your applicator’s ID card or review your license Information on the MDA website: www.mda.state.mn.us
- If you have questions regarding your Pesticide Applicator License, contact the Minnesota Dept. of Agriculture: Phone: 651-201-6615.
7:45 AM | Log into Zoom Workshop
8:00 AM—2:30 PM | Sessions 1-7
Category A (Core) and E (Turf & Ornamentals)
Session 1. MDA General Session | MN Dept. of Agriculture
Session 2. Pesticide and Pollinators & Pesticide Hot Topics | MN Dept. of Agriculture
Session 3. Invasive Landscape Insects in Minnesota: Look Who Wants
to Come to Dinner | Jeff Hahn, University of Minnesota
Session 4. Pesticides and the Environment | Jolene Hendrix, University of Minnesota
Session 5. PPE Pop Quiz! | Tana Haugen-Brown, University of Minnesota
6. Pollinators/Endangered Species | Vera Krischik, University of Minnesota
Session 7. Turfgrass Weed Control | Sam Bauer, Bauer Turf
- End of Workshop for Category A & E -
2:45 PM—4:15 PM | Session 8
Category J (Forestry, Rights-of-Way, and Natural Areas)
• Vera Krischik, University of Minnesota
• Chad Giblin, University of Minnesota
Looking for Continuing Education Credits?
• MNLA-CP: 3 points
• MGCSA: TBD
• ISA: TBD
For this MNLA/MTGF education event, we will gladly make a full refund of your registration fee if cancellation notice is received more than two business days prior to the event. If cancellation is received in the two business days prior to the event, a 50 percent refund will be given. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations made the day of the event. Cancellations may be made in writing, by fax, or by telephone call received at the MNLA office during normal business hours.
2020 MNLA SEMINARS
GENEROUSLY SUPPORTED BY: