November 9, 2020 (Rescheduled from March 23)
- Early Registration -- MNLA Members: $49; Non-Members: $69
- Regular Registration -- MNLA Members: $79; Non-Members: $99
Register online or CLICK HERE for a registration form to mail or fax to the MNLA Office.
This half-day seminar is being offered in both English (morning) and Spanish (afternoon), and will provide landscape contractors important information related to OSHA chainsaw and concrete saw safety and maintenance.
English: 7:30 AM—11:30 AM
Spanish: 12:30 PM—4:30 PM
Chainsaw and Concrete Saw Safety and Maintenance Seminar (Clase de seguridad y mantenimiento de la motosierra y cortadora de concreto):
- Short Chainsaw History — (La historia de la motosierra)
- OSHA (PPE) Protective Clothing and Why, First Aid — (Indumentaria para protección personal y porque/Primeros auxilios)
- Safety Features of Chainsaws and Concrete Saws — (Accesorios de seguridad de la motosierra y cortadora de concreto)
- OSHA Starting Procedures, Rules and Regulations — (OSHA, Arranque correcto, reglas y leyes)
- Safe Operating Procedures and Productivity — (Procedimientos del uso seguro de la motosierra y productividad)
- Chainsaw Maintenance: Daily, Weekly, Monthly — (Mantenimiento: diario, semanal, mensual)
- Gasoline and 2 Cycle Oil — (Gasolina y aceite de dos tiempos)
- Chain Sharpening — (Afilar cadena de corte)
Professor Armando Actis is an OSHA instructor for the landscaping and construction industry at the College of Dupage, where he teaches English, foreign languages, and 4-cycle and 2-cycle small engine classes (including teardown, troubleshooting, and maintenance). He provides end-user operation, application, and maintenance training for anyone—from the casual user to OSHA professionals—on safety and correct use of landscaping and construction equipment.
Professor Actis earned a New Jersey Teaching Certificate, a B.A. in English (minor in Spanish) from St. Peter’s University, and an M.A. in education and an honorary doctorate in literature and letters from the Universidad de Buenos Aires, where he taught English.
Additionally, he holds an associate’s degree in applied science in marine and small engine technology. He also worked at STIHL Inc., where he earned a STIHL Gold Certified Technician degree.
MNLA Registration Refund Policy: For all education events, MNLA will gladly make a full refund of your registration fee if cancellation notice is received more than two business days in advance of the event. In the two business days prior to the event, a 50 percent refund will be given. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations made the day of the event. Cancellations may be made in writing, by fax, or by telephone call received at the MNLA office during normal business hours.
Photo/Video Consent: Registration and attendance at or participation in MNLA meetings and other activities constitutes an agreement by the registrant to MNLA’s use and distribution (both now and in the future) of the registrant or attendee’s image or voice in photographs, videotapes, electronic reproductions, and audiotapes of such events/activities.
This Seminar is Generously Supported By:
Thank You To Our 2020 MNLA Seminar Sponsor: