Due to low registration numbers this class has been cancelled. However, Fortin is holding a class on 7/30 at MWMO in Minneapolis. You can sign up at: https://mwmoturfjuly2019.eventbrite.com.
Visit the training calendar at Fortin Consulting for other training dates and locations: https://fortinconsulting.com/training-and-presentation-calendar/
Attend this workshop and learn best management practices for lawn/turf maintenance. The workshop will save you money, protect our water, and allow you an opportunity to test for Minnesota Pollution Control Agency Level 1 Certification for turfgrass maintenance best management practices.
- Early Registration (by July 17): $12 for MNLA Members; $20 for Non-Members
- Regular Registration (after July 17): $20 for MNLA Members; $28 for Non-Members
- Seating is limited and pre-registration is required.
Instructors, which include trainers from Fortin Consulting, share their expertise on environmental impacts, agronomy/horticulture and hands-on maintenance.
Certification is a valuable contribution to your employees’ growth and development, and the cost-saving techniques go straight to your bottom line!
- How does turfgrass management affect surface and groundwater
- Using plant biology to time your practices
- Equipment calibration
- Selection and application of fertilizers
- Mowing techniques
- Pesticide application tips
- Irrigation best practices
- Soil testing
- And much more…
Who should attend:
- Individuals who maintain private/public grounds
- Employees who maintain park, cemetery, city or school grounds
- Property managers writing contracts
- Those interested in protecting water quality
Training Materials Provided:
- Turfgrass Maintenance Manual
Morning coffee and lunch are included (special dietary requests must be made by calling the MNLA Office at least two weeks prior to the event date).
Parking is free, but limited. If the parking lot is full, please park on the north side of Garden Avenue. Please do not park in the strip mall across the street.
Funding for this workshop is provided by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency through a grant from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Section 319 Nonpoint Source Management Fund and matching funds. The course and materials were originally developed for the Mississippi Watershed Management Organization by Fortin Consulting, Inc. Content was created through extensive collaboration with local experts.
Sponsorships are available for this workshop. Contact Faith at 952-934-2891.
2019 MNLA Seminars Generously Supported by
MNLA Registration Refund Policy: For all MNLA education events, MNLA will gladly make a full refund of your registration fee if cancellation notice is received more than two business days in advance of the event. In the two business days prior to the event, a 50 percent refund will be given. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations made the day of the event. Cancellations may be made in writing, by fax, or by telephone call received at the MNLA office during normal business hours.