Cost: Free for MNLA Members; $30 for Non-Members (Members must log in to receive the webinar for free.)
The green industry legal landscape is always changing, and it’s important as a CEO, business owner or manager to be well informed.
This webinar will feature attorneys Bryan Zliman and Jared Nusbaum, Zlimen and McGuiness, PLLC. They will discuss the following “hot legal topics:”
- How to incorporate electronic documents and e-signatures into your business.
- What businesses can and can't do to verify whether workers are authorized to work in the U.S.
- St. Paul's new minimum wage ordinance.
- Duluth's new sick and safe leave ordinance.
- Insurance review: How Worker's Comp regulations apply when working with subcontractors and the difference between an insurer's Duty to Defend and Duty to Indemnify.
Presenters: Bryan Zlimen and Jared Nusbaum, Zlimen & McGuiness, PLLC
Bryan Zlimen is an attorney and manager at the law firm of Zlimen & McGuiness, PLLC. Before becoming an attorney, Zlimen worked in the landscaping and residential construction industries for 12 years. Today, he puts his experience as a laborer, foreman, and small business owner to use advising Green Industry professionals on legal matters that are important to them.
Jared Nusbaum is an attorney at the law firm of Zlimen and McGuiness, PLLC. His practice areas include civil and business litigation, employment law, and small business law. Nusbaum is active in the Volunteer Lawyers Network and the Hennepin County and Ramsey County Bar Associations. Nusbaum received his law degree from Marquette University in Milwaukee and his Bachelor of Arts Degree from Penn State University.
Join the live program from your office or home using a computer for the web portion and telephone for the audio portion.
Simple instructions with a link to the program will be included in the email confirmation you receive after you register.