This workshop offers complete foremanship training. In this dynamic seminar, foremen learn how to more effectively handle tight deadlines, tight margins and increase customer satisfaction. How the customer perceives the foreman's crew is fundamental to the success of a contractor's business!
- Early Registration - MNLA Members: $149; Non-Members: $169
- Regular Registration - MNLA Members: $189; Non-Members: $209
Register online or CLICK HERE for a registration form to mail or fax to the MNLA Office.
About the Program:
Production and maintenance landscape foremen have unique needs as they have to wear two hats: a worker and a leader. Foremen have to walk the fine line in working side by side with the employee and having to direct, motivate and critique at the same time. Managing former peers and friends can be especially difficult, dealing with problems and obstacles can take skills that can only be developed by stepping out of the work environment for a few days, learning best practices, applying it in a learning environment through role play, and then going back and applying it on the job.
Foremanship Training Take-Aways:
- The central role of the “worker-leader”
- How to properly supervise friends, peers, and former equals
- How to effectively communicate with your boss and superiors
- How to generate 100 percent accountability from your team
- How to motivate and delegate at the same time
- How to require accountability for all work (both bad or good)
- How to implement and follow daily & weekly work schedules
- How to manage problem behavior
- How your team can produce quality work that stays within the budget and is completed on time
- How to improve the effectiveness of the work team
- How to deal with challenges and personal problems that occur outside the workplace that impact productivity
- How to produce client focused work using a moral compass
- How to understand that mannerisms and values are as important as technical abilities
About the Instructor: Professor Armando Actis
Professor Actis provides inside sales management and knowledge, public relations training and his education experience with the landscaping and construction industry at Rendel’s Inc.
He also provides end user operation, application and maintenance training. He trains anyone from the casual user to the professionals in OSHA, safe and correct usage of landscaping and construction equipment. He is also Equipment Manager for ILCA’s (Illinois Landscape Contractors Association) CLT section and judge for the Certified Landscaping Technician final exams at Joliet Junior College.
His education credentials include a New Jersey Teaching Certificate, B.A. in English, Minor in Spanish, M.A. in Education and an Honorary Doctorate from the Universidad de Buenos Aires, where he taught English. He presently teaches English and Spanish at College of DuPage.
Additionally, he is a Motorcycle Instructor for Northern Illinois University and University of Illinois.
Includes morning coffee and lunch (special dietary requests must be made by calling the MNLA Office at least 2 weeks prior to the event). Parking is free.
This training sold out last year. Seats are limited. Please register early!
Thank you to our 2019 MNLA Education Sponsor
MNLA Registration Refund Policy: For all MNLA education events, MNLA will gladly make a full refund of your registration fee if cancellation notice is received more than two business days in advance of the event. In the two business days prior to the event, a 50 percent refund will be given. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations made the day of the event. Cancellations may be made in writing, by fax, or by telephone call received at the MNLA office during normal business hours.