7:30 – 8:00 AM Registration, Coffee and Donuts
8:00 – 9:00 AM The Plant Health Care Toolbox Approach
- Shawn Bernick
In many cases, you may have multiple options when it comes to treating pest and disease issues on your clients’ properties. Which option you choose can determine your profitability, your scheduling, and what tools you need. In this presentation, we will discuss the toolbox approach to plant health care, including:
• What is the toolbox approach and why it matters
• The benefits of the toolbox approach to your business and to your clients
• Where to use certain treatment options over others
• What variables to consider when determining the best treatment option for your client
9:00 – 10:00 AM How to Maximize Operational Efficiency with Emerald Ash Borer Tree Injection Applications
- Zach Stewart
The most common complaint around tree injection applications we hear for emerald ash borer treatments is that it takes too long. In our 40 plus years of doing tree injections, whether it was macro-infusion for DED or micro-injections for EAB, we’ve found that often times most crews can significantly improve their tree injection uptake and production times by following simple techniques and best practices.
In this presentation we will cover:
• How to optimize your injection production and how to improve your uptake times
• Selecting the right equipment for the job
• Tree injection best practices and techniques
• How to properly maintain equipment
• Tips and tricks in the field
10:00 – 12:00 PM Tree Injection and Bark Spray Demonstrations – Get Hands On!
- Zach Stewart
During this demonstration, we will cover the application process for macro-infusions, micro-injections, and bark sprays. We will discuss the best practices and techniques to maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and safety for each method. We will also discuss the key differences between macro-infusion and micro-injections and when to use one versus the other.
12:00 – 1:00 PM Lunch
1:00 – 1:45 PM Improving Urban Soils to Enhance Roots and Tree Health
- Kent Honl
Urban soils can often times be compact, too dry, too sandy or clay, and lacking proper micro-nutrients. This can lead to a weakened tree that is not able to deal with invasive pests and diseases.
In this presentation, we will discuss:
• The soil compaction and soil oxygen relationship
• How to recognize symptoms in a tree that are soil related problems
• Root enhancements to improve tree health
• The tools available to help improve soil conditions
• How to improve root growth in a changed soil environment
• How to sell soil management services to your client
1:45 – 2:30 PM Using Cambistat as Tool to Reduce Urban Tree Stress and Promote Tree Health
- Shawn Bernick
Cambistat has been used in the green industry for a long time to manage the growth of trees in the urban forest. The research has shown that it also has a number of secondary benefits including:
• Increased resistance to drought and stress
• Increased disease resistance
• Darker, greener leaves
• Increase in fine root development
In this presentation, we will discuss these secondary benefits and how you can use them to grow your business and improve the health of your clients’ trees.
2:30 – 4:00 PM AirSpade and Cambistat Demonstration
-Tyler Pitterle & Zach Stewart
During this demonstration, we will cover the AirSpade and Cambistat application process. We will discuss the proper techniques for optimal results including safety and effectiveness. We will also discuss soil amendments, fertilization, stem girdling roots, and the keys to a healthy soil.
For more information and to register, Cick Here.