Join MNLA and MTGF for this half-day event to stay current, connected and informed about lawn care.
June 15, 2017
8:00am: Check-In/Donuts, Juice & Coffee
8:30am—11:30am: Revolving Education Stations
University of Minnesota Turfgrass Research, and Outreach Education Center (TROE), St. Paul Campus—near the corner of Larpenteur Ave. W and Cleveland
Ave. N., St. Paul
Cost: Before June 5: MNLA/MTGF Members: $30.00; Non/Members: $40.00 --- After June 5: MNLA/MTGF Members: $40.00; Non/Members: $50.00
Click Here for a Registration Form to mail or fax to the MNLA Office.
- Spend the morning outside at the University of Minnesota Turfgrass Research, Education and Outreach Center—approximately 10 acres of turfgrass research.
- Industry professionals will see first-hand the work that is being done in turfgrass research at the University of Minnesota.
- Revolving education stations presented by faculty of the University of Minnesota will provide information on some of the emerging trends in lawn care.
Faculty from the University of Minnesota will present the following topics:
- Turfgrass Species and Variety Selection (Andrew Hollman, Senior Research Scientist)
- Bee Lawns and Management for Pollinators (James Wolfin, Graduate Research Assistant)
- Developing a Weed Management Plan (Dr. Jon Trappe, Post-Doctoral Research Associate)
- Developing a Fertilizer Management Plan (Sam Bauer, Extension Educator)
- Irrigation Practices and Technology (Jonah Reyes, Research Scientist)
- Cultural Programs for Lawns (Dr. Brian Horgan, Professor)
Parking is free. Please park in the grass along Gortner Avenue. Watch for signs. Click here for a map.
This event is outdoors - rain or shine. Please dress for the weather.
Please contact MNLA or MTGF if you have additional questions - MNLA: email@example.com or 651-633-4987; MTGF: firstname.lastname@example.org or 952-473-3722
2017 MNLA Seminars Generously Supported by:
MNLA & MTGF Registration Refund Policy: For all MNLA & MTGF education events, MNLA & MTGF will gladly make a full refund of your registration fee if cancellation notice is received more than two business days in advance of the event. In the two business days prior to the event, a 50 percent refund will be given. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations made the day of the event. Cancellations may be made in writing, by fax, or by telephone call received at the MNLA office during normal business hours.