REGISTER TO SIT FOR THE MNLA CERTIFICATION EXAM
Click here here for a pdf form of the Application for Examination
Submit completed application and payment to the MNLA office:
by email to: email@example.com
by fax to: 651-633-4986
by mail to:1813 Lexington Avenue N, Roseville, MN 55113
Date: October 28, 2016 and November 11, 2016
Seats are limited for both days. Registration is on a first come, first served basis.
Location: MNLA Office,1813 Lexington Avenue N, Roseville, MN 55113
Time: 8:30AM - 12:30PM (Please arrive to check in at 8:15AM)
Who is Eligible?
You are eligible to register for the exam if you meet the following requirements:
- Have either two years of study in an accredited post-secondary nursery and/or landscape program that includes a structured internship, OR
- A minimum of 2000 hours in nursery or landscape-related employment.
A signature of an educational advisor or work supervisor is required on the exam registration form to verify completion of the prerequisite.
Why become an MNLA-CP?
Achieving MNLA certification status benefits individuals by:
- Instilling pride and confidence.
- Establishing your ability to bring greater value to the nursery and landscape industry.
- Demonstrating commitment to the nursery and landscape industry.
- Enhancing employability within the industry.
How does it benefit me in my career?
- Makes you distinct.
- Identifies you as a professional.
- Gives you credentials and proves your qualifications.
- Provides you instant credibility with your clients and employers.
- Contributes increased opportunities for advancement with many employers.
- Demonstrates your commitment to your profession.
- Distinguishes you from the competition.
- Qualifies you to do expert work and give advice.
How does it benefit MNLA member companies?
- MNLA member businesses that employ certified professionals enhance their professional image, increase customer recognition and respect, provide a consumer marketing tool, and offer an additional tool for employee motivation, evaluation, and advancement.
IMPORTANT - What’s NEW about the Certification Exam?
The exam is now given in an electronic format with immediate results and integrated photos and videos. You will sit at a laptop computer to take the exam.
The MNLA Certification Exam is still a two-part exam: you must pass a Basic Knowledge Exam and a specialty of your choosing (Landscape, Garden Center or Grower) to become MNLA Certified.
To maintain certification status, all individuals must compile at least 18 continuing education points every three years, and submit the records to MNLA, along with the $15.00 recertification fee.
How to Prepare
- Visit MNLA.biz for program information and to download the MNLA Certification Study Manual chapters free of charge.