Low Voltage Lighting Design, Installation & Advanced Controlling (PLT Relicensure)
DOLI Course Code 20150001
March 24, 2015
Roseville Oval | 2662 Civic Center Drive | Roseville, MN 55113
Morning coffee and lunch are included.
This class provides eight hours of Power Limited Training credit orientated specifically towards the landscape lighting specialist. The eight hour class will contain: two clock hours of specific National Electrical Code training and six hours of technical training.
TECHNICAL TRAINING—six hours of technical training
- Attendees will learn the basic fundamentals of outdoor accent lighting design and installation; including:
- power use
- wiring methods
- fixture mounting applications
- We will also discuss the latest advancements in LED technology and controlling options; including how implementing flexible controlling can be a practical solution in the outdoor living environment.
CODE TRAINING—two hours of specific 2014 National Electrical Code training covering the following:
- Overview of changes incorporated into 2014 NEC Code
- Article 90 – Introduction to NEC
- Article 100 – Definitions
- Article 210 – Branch Circuits
- Article 410 – Luminaries, Lampholders & Lamps
- Article (411.1 thru 411.8) – Lighting Systems operating at 30 Volts or less & Lighting Equipment connected to Class 2 Power Sources
- Article 411.5 – Secondary Circuits
- Article 411.7 – Hazardous (Classified) Locations
- Article 406 – Receptacles, Cord Connectors and Attachment Plugs
- Article 300 – Wiring Methods
Andrew Lindquist has 40-plus years in the landscape and irrigation industry. A graduate of the University of Minnesota, he holds a Power Limited Technician license, and is currently owner of Links Systems, Inc. that provides training and consulting services to the Landscape industry. Other positions Lindquist has held include: Continuing Education & Customized training Director at Minneapolis Community and Technical College, Rain Bird Service Corporation: Technical Trainer; John Deere Landscapes: Sales and Area Manager; Anoka Technical College: Instructor in the Landscape Department.
Darin Ayres currently holds the position of Sales Manager for FX Luminaire, manufacturer of specification-grade, low-voltage outdoor lighting components and has been with FX since February of 2007. Prior to joining the FX family, Darin founded his own outdoor lighting company. Started in late 2002, he designed, sold, installed and maintained outdoor lighting systems for high-end residential and small-scale commercial properties throughout the Chicagoland area. Since then, Darin has helped other lighting professionals design, sell, install and maintain hundreds of lighting systems around the country. For the past three years, Darin has been actively involved with the International Landscape Lighting Institute (ILLI) which was founded by Janet Lennox Moyer, first as a student and then as a member of the Mentor Team. Additionally, Darin is an active public speaker, with engagements around the country at such venues as regional and national trade shows, local training events and botanical gardens such as Chicago Botanic Gardens, Olbrich Botanical Gardens in Madison, WI, and Huntsville Botanic Gardens in Huntsville, AL.
Please contact MNLA if you have additional questions - email@example.com or 651-633-4987.
MNLA Registration Refund Policy: For all MNLA education events, MNLA will gladly make a full refund of your registration fee if cancellation notice is received more than two business days in advance of the event. In the two business days prior to the event, a 50 percent refund will be given. No refunds will be given for no-shows or cancellations made the day of the event. Cancellations may be made in writing, by fax, or by telephone call received at the MNLA office during normal business hours.
THANK YOU TO OUR 2015 MNLA SEMINAR SPONSOR: