Sit for the exam to become an MNLA Certified Professional. The MNLA Certified Professional certification shows employers and clients that you are committed to your profession. It identifies you as a professional and proves your qualifications.The exam is now in a new electronic format with immediate results, integrated photos and videos. Become an MNLA Certified Professional in 2015!
From 8:30 AM until 12:30 PM
TIES Event Center
1644 Larpenteur Ave W
Falcon Heights, Minnesota 55113
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Register to sit for the MNLA Certification Exam
Click here here for a pdf form of the Application for Examination.
Submit completed application and payment to the MNLA office:
- by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- by fax to: 651-633-4986
- by mail to:1813 Lexington Avenue N, Roseville, MN 55113
Date: March 10, 2015
Location: TIES Event Center,1667 Snelling Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55108
Time: 8:30AM - 12:30PM
Who is eligible?
You are eligible to register for the exam if you meet the following requirements:
- Have either two years of study in an accredited post-secondary nursery and/or landscape program that includes a structured internship, OR
- A minimum of 2000 hours in nursery or landscape-related employment.
A signature of an educational advisor or work supervisor is required on the exam registration form to verify completion of the prerequisite.
Why is it worth my time to become an MNLA-CP?
Achieving MNLA certification status benefits individuals by:
- Instilling pride and confidence.
- Establishing your ability to bring greater value to the nursery and landscape industry.
- Demonstrating commitment to the nursery and landscape industry.
- Enhancing employability within the industry.
How does it benefit me in my career?
- Makes you distinct.
- Sets you apart.
- Identifies you as a professional.
- Gives you credentials and proves your qualifications.
- Provides you instant credibility with your clients and employers.
- Contributes increased opportunities for advancement with many employers.
- Demonstrates your commitment to your profession.
- Distinguishes you from the competition.
- Qualifies you to do expert work and give advice.
How does it benefit MNLA member companies?
- MNLA member businesses that employ certified professionals enhance their professional image, increase customer recognition and respect, provide a consumer marketing tool, and offer an additional tool for employee motivation, evaluation, and advancement.
IMPORTANT - What’s NEW about the Certification Exam?
- The exam will now be given in a brand new electronic format with immediate results and integrated photos and videos.
- The MNLA Certification Exam is still a two-part exam: you must pass a Basic Knowledge Exam and a specialty of your choosing (Landscape, Garden Center or Grower) to become MNLA Certified.
- To maintain their certification status, all individuals must compile at least 18 continuing education points every three years.
How to Prepare
Use these resources to prepare for the exam
- Online chapters (visit MNLA.biz to to download the study manual chapters free of charge)
- Practice test
- Plant I.D. webinar byTim Vogel, Bailey Nurseries